Starting off this video series titled Server Basics 2016, we will download Server 2016. Let’s get some SERVER tutorials back up and running here at PC-Addicts, continuing on with the foundation of this site and community!
So, this article isn’t very technical or difficult, but thought I would quickly announce what my plans are for upcoming videos and briefly explain how I have my hardware setup. Feel free to ask questions about the setup or if you are struggling through any part of this series.
Download Server 2016 Technical Preview 4
- Start off by downloading the ISO
- Save the download to a VM on the external hard drive (assuming you are using an external hdd)
- Make sure you have enough space on the hard drive to store the ISO as well as your VM disks
- You might want to rename the downloaded ISO files since they are super long. I tend to leave them so I know exactly what version(s) I have downloaded.
- If you have an SSD, I would suggest you use that for your VM disks.
Let’s have some fun with Systems Administration!!
Server Basics 2016 Series Navigation
- Tutorial #1: Downloading Windows Server 2016 (this article)
- Tutorial #2: Installing Windows Server 2016
- Tutorial #3: Setup Active Directory on Windows Server 2016
- Tutorial #4: OU Structure on Server 2016
- Tutorial #5: Create AD Users and Groups
- Tutorial #6: Setup DHCP Role on Server 2016
- Tutorial #7: Join Windows 10 to Domain – Server 2016
- Tutorial #8: (coming soon)