How do we use Dropbox?
You can access your dropbox files from anywhere at anytime regardless of internet connection as long as you’ve verified your files have synced up before you’re on the go.
Zach and I use it for basically the same reasons, with a couple minor differences.
Installation and Use
You basically need to follow the instructions in order to install it on whatever device you want.
During the installation of DropBox it creates a folder in your documents that is labeled DROPBOX – Anytime you want to save and sync anything to your multiple devices you’ll want to save your files to this DROPBOX folder.
Once you save your files to your dropbox folder it will now be synced between devices.
How and why Chris uses Dropbox
Chris: 3 devices; 1 iPhone and 2 Macs
- Why?: I don’t trust having everything saved only on my desktop.
- At work: I log into the web interface and access my documents there.
- Main reasons: Photos and videos taken from iPhone and documentation for Systems Administration side-work.
- Photography: Send purchased photos to clients.
How and why Zach uses Dropbox
Zach: 4 devices; 1 Android, 1 iPad, 1 Mac, 1 PC (WATH ZACH’S VIDEO)
- Main uses: Accessing Presentations, Word Documents, and Spreadsheets
- Secondary uses: Photos and Videos
- I like to be able to access my spreadsheets of IP addresses and Servers – Some people save usernames and passwords and access them from their phones, is this secure? EH!?
We Want to Hear From You
If you use Dropbox, tell us what you use it for. We would love to hear different ways people use it.