Start learning Systems Administration here with this server basics tutorial. Here we are going to be setting up and configuring a Windows 2008 R2 Server and will be promoting it to a Domain Controller. It will be running the Active Directory Domain Services role as well as the DNS role
This guide is meant to be the basis of Server and Systems Administration while providing a basic, yet applicable in the real world, learning experience.
Future video tutorials on this topic will include a text-based version as well as screenshots (so keep an eye out).
How to setup a domain controller.
Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 Tutorial
- How to install Windows Server 2008 R2.
- How to configure a basic install of Windows Server 2008 R2.
- How to configure a server to be a domain controller.
- How to Create Users and Groups in Active Directory
- How to Setup DHCP Server Role and Join a Computer to a Domain
- How to Setup Network Shares and Permissions
- How to Deploy Wallpaper Using Group Policy (GPO)
- How to Deploy Printers Using Group Policy Preferences (GPP – GPO)
- How to Setup Remote Desktop Using Group Policy (GPO)
- How to Setup Logon Scripts and Map Network Drives Using Group Policy (GPO)
- How to Create Multiple Users at Once in Active Directory Using Powershell Part 1 of 2
- How to Create Multiple Users at Once – Add More Fields – Using Powershell Part 2 of 2
- How to Setup Home Drives and Folder Redirection Using Group Policy (GPO)
- How to Setup Roaming Profiles for Windows 7 Using Group Policy (GPO)
- How to Setup DFS (Distributed File System)
- How to Setup DHCP Reservations
- How to Deploy Applications Using Group Policy (GPO)