How to install Windows Server 2012 in VirtualBox – 2015.
Specifically, VirtualBox on Mac OS X but it’s basically the same process on any platform (Windows, Linux, etc.)
If you need help getting to this point prior to following the below steps, check out my previous post here: Setting up VirtualBox
Install Windows 2012 in VirtualBox
- Launch VirtualBox
- Click on Windows 2012 and then click Start (If you haven’t setup the base VMs, check THIS out).
- Find your downloaded ISO file by clicking on the folder icon.
- Click Start
- The system will now begin installing Windows Server 2012.
- Follow the instructions then pick the version you want. In my case, I chose the Standard GUI option.
- After a couple automatic reboots, you will eventually be presented with setting up the default Administrator’s password.
- You should be presented with the standard login screen.
At this point you are ready to configure the server!