Product Unboxing – Crucial 500GB 2.5″ SSD
These days, I don’t see any reason why people wouldn’t be using SSDs for their main drive of their computer’s operating system. Prices are so cheap now!
Some of you might say “I need 500GB or more for all my stuff”, but I can say that I am very happy with my 128GB SSD in my Macbook Air, as well as my 256GB SSD in my iMac. I utilize cloud storage (see our previous post on Dropbox) for most of my stuff and local physical external drives for my photos and videos. But, if you absolutely have to have a minimum of 500GB for your main drive, or, want 500GB for an external drive, look no further; Crucial’s BX100 2.5″ SSD is priced just right and can handle the job.
Unboxing the Crucial BX100 2.5″ SSD
- Sequential reads/writes up to 535 / 450 MB/s on all file types
- Random reads/writes up to 90k / 87k IOPS on all file types
- Over 15x faster, 2x more reliable and 2x more energy efficient than a typical hard drive
- More durable than a hard drive
- Includes spacer for 9.5mm applications, Specs: Crucial BX100 500GB SATA 6Gbps 2.5″ Internal SSD 535 MB/s Read / 450 MB/s Write
More information on the Crucial BX100 SSD can be found HERE.
Purchase one today on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1Reqypd