Configuring and structuring your Organizational Units (OUs) correctly for your environment from the beginning can help save you a lot of time and headache in the future.
This tutorial will review the steps needed to create users and groups in Active Directory. This has to be one of the most common tasks a Systems Administrator has to perform on a daily basis. There isn’t a lot to creating users and groups, but there are some simple and effective procedures and tips that can help.
How to create users and groups in Active Directory
Server: Windows Server 2008 R2
Here are just a few tasks we will be performing:
- How to create users and groups within Active Directory Users and Computers.
- How to setup groups and join users to those groups.
- How to structure organizational units (OUs).
- How to Setup a Domain Controller
- How to Setup DHCP Server Role and Join a Computer to a Domain
- How to Setup Network Shares and Permissions
- How to Deploy Wallpaper Using Group Policy (GPO)
- How to Deploy Printers Using Group Policy Preferences (GPP – GPO)
- How to Setup Remote Desktop Using Group Policy (GPO)
- How to Setup Logon Scripts and Map Network Drives Using Group Policy (GPO)
- How to Create Multiple Users at Once in Active Directory Using Powershell Part 1 of 2
- How to Create Multiple Users at Once – Add More Fields – Using Powershell Part 2 of 2
- How to Setup Home Drives and Folder Redirection Using Group Policy (GPO)
- How to Setup Roaming Profiles for Windows 7 Using Group Policy (GPO)
- How to Setup DFS (Distributed File System)
- How to Setup DHCP Reservations
- How to Deploy Applications Using Group Policy (GPO)